Committee for the selection of scholarships
Ms. Catherine Kuria
Alumni of Loreto high school limuru and university of Nairobi. Also an alumni of Oregon State University USA.
For over 30 years Catherine worked in very senior positions managing for the government.. Ms. Catherine has steered the welfare of girl child perfected it while working in the public service.
Ms. Ngina Manga Mugwe
Alumni of the Loreto Limuru High School. Seasoned farmer and exporter of coffee and tea. She is in boards among them Loreto Covent Valley Road Advisory board and Loreto Scholarship Committee under the umbrella of Africa Digna Foundation. Chairperson of the Scholarships Committee of Africa Digna foundation.
Professor Jack Anselm Odhiambo
Spanish Instructor at the Institute of Diplomacy and International studies University of Nairobi.
Spanish Instructor at the Department of Political Science and Public Policy Faculty of Arts,University of Nairobi.
Spanish for Tourism and Hotel management Course, Utalii College, University of Nairobi
Director, La Escuela, Spanish Language Tutorials.
Interpreter (Free Lance) Spanish/English.
- Ph.D.University of Navarre, Spain (Philosophy/Law)
- M.A.University of Navarre, Spain
- B.A. University of Navarre, Spain
- Associate Professor,Dept. Philosophy and Religious studies, University of Nairobi
Ms. Jackie Malomba
Alumni of the University of Nairobi and Strathmore University.
Business Development Manager with extensive experience with Start-ups, Relationship Management, Marketing and Sales in retail banking and Asset Management, Private Wealth management, Entrepreneurship, Team leadership and event planning and management. Key Skills include: Entrepreneurship, Team Building & Leadership, Client Relationship Management, Strategic Planning, New Market Penetration, Negotiation, Strategic Partnerships, Networking, Staff & Women Entrepreneur Training & Development, Process Optimization, Project Management, Budgeting, Market Planning and Account Management.
Committee member of the Kenya Association of Women Business Owner (Kawbo)
Ms. Kentice Tikolo
Her background includes professional service at government parastatals, international NGOs, several international events, as well research and management at CGIAR research institutes. She teaches PR and strategic communications at the University of Nairobi. Ms Tikolo holds an MSc in Public Relations from the University of Stirling in Scotland.
Mr. Mugwe Manga
Mr. Mugwe Manga has served as commercial director of Olsuswa Energy Limited since 2009. He manages the company’s business development strategy and has been integrally involved in the implementation of its geothermal exploration programs. He holds a BA in Economics from the University of Nottingham and a Masters in International Business (MIB) from Grenoble École de Management. He has gained experience in the banking industry working at Goldman Sachs International, London under the Private Wealth Management division specializing in institutional portfolios. He has gained over 7 years’ experience working in Kenya, where he sits on various boards including Mayfox Mining Company Limited, Kenya’s leading indigenous mineral. He sits on the executive committee of the Mbugua Rosemary Foundation and the Lake Naivasha Riparian Association that collaborates with HRH The Prince of Wales, International Sustainability Unit.
Ms. Regina Gathika
Degree holder with specialization in Advertising communication.
Worked with a number of Advertising Companies both as an Account Executive and as a Brand Manager.
Last employment was with MANPOWER SERVICES a private company dealing in Training Manpower and Management Consultancy.
She had her own and started own management consultancy by the name Rexen 2000 Ltd.
At the moment she is buying certain selected products from manufacturers and selling them vice.
Ms. Lucie Rochedy
Degree in Social Science and a master in Development, Ms. Rochedy worked in various African countries and she is currently based in Nairobi.
Ms. Wanjiku Njire
Bachelor of Science Degree in Leadership and Management with a double major in Non Profit Organizations and Public Administration from Strathmore University (2nd Class- Upper).
Post graduate diploma in Marketing from the Marketing Society of Kenya.
Marketing Course from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK).
Student at the Strathmore Business School pursuing a master degree in Public Policy Management.
MD of Serene Haven, A Dairy Farm that produces and supplies 500 liters of fresh milk daily to hotels and homes within Nairobi.
Director at Event Hub LTD.
This Committee will be revised every two years; if necessary, the positions can be assigned indefinitely. It is made up of a President (Chairman), a Secretary and a maximum of 10 ordinary members.
- Convene meetings to establish the academic and socioeconomic criteria to consider in the objective, transparent selection of the beneficiaries
- Validate the status of the scholarship holders together with the members of the Scholarships Committee
- Chair the meetings and hold the casting vote in the event of a tied vote
- Inform Africa Digna of the results obtained in the selection process
- Call the members of the Committee to ordinary or extraordinary meetings
- Draft the Agenda
- Keep the Committee´s book of minutes and records
- Elaborate the results report of the application analysis
Ordinary committee members:
- Analyse, compare and validate the received documents
- Distribute the scholarship program among the students
- Provide the applications for the scholarships
The Committee will meet whenever it is necessary during the academic year to fulfil the mandate. The meetings will be lead by the Chairman and attended by at least half plus one of the members and the decisions will be made by the qualified majority of the ordinary members. The Chairman will hold the casting vote in the event of a tied vote.
- Ensure compliance with the Regulations and Meeting Requests established by Incorporated Private Institutions for awarding grants.
- Inform the Africa Digna Foundation
- Receive the duly completed applications accompanied by the specified documentation
- Counsel Africa Digna in the event of cancelling a scholarship if the student and/or his family do not comply with the regulations established for this program
- Keep the grant files and have them available should the education authority ask for them